Seeking Models for P.R.I.S.M. Program Photo Shoot
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Winnipeg, in Partnership with Rainbow Resource Centre, is starting a new mentoring program for LGBTTQ2* youth and adults. We are seeking models from the community to participate in some photo shoots at multiple locations in Winnipeg this January.
By Junot Diaz
“If you want to make a human being into a monster, deny them, at the cultural level, any reflection of themselves. And growing up, I felt like a monster in some ways. I didn’t see myself reflected at all. I was like, “Yo, is something wrong with me? That the whole society seems to think that people like me don’t exist?" And part of what inspired me, was this deep desire that before I died, I would make a couple of mirrors. That I would make some mirrors so that kids like me might see themselves reflected back & might not feel so monstrous for it.”
We are creating material (brochures, one pagers, etc.) for the P.R.I.S.M. program. These materials will represent the mentor-mentee relationship in both one-to-one and group situations incorporating a variety of community groups and activities. We need new photographs to create this material in a way that better mirrors the people seeking inclusivity and friendship in the program.
CONTACT US: Please email Samara at rainbowresourcecentre.org or Matt at bigbrothersbigsisters.ca
- GOAL: To create a photo library representative of LGBTTQ2* community members for use in promotional materials, in order to inspire members of this community to become involved in P.R.I.S.M.
- OBJECTIVE: To find models ages 16*-45 who identify with the LGBTTQ2* community. (*under 18 needs parent consent for media waiver)
- We are also seeking ethno-cultural diversity including but not limited to those who identify as Indigenous, African Canadian, West Asian Canadian, and East Asian Canadian. Additionally, we are seeking diversity in body image (alternative body image – piercings, tattoos) and bodies of all shapes and sizes. We are also seeking diversity in gender identity and presentation.
- Timeframe: We would like to gather those interested in modeling for the photo shoots sometime in January 2017.
- Participants selected for the photos will receive an honorarium.
or call Saralyn
if you’d like to speak to someone on the phone:
Thank you to our sponsors for the 2017 Bowl for Kids Sake!
Premier Lane Sponsors
Travel Raffle Sponsor